How do we ghost out Jesus? What does it mean to seek the real Jesus? Find out below. Based on Matthew 14:22-33. Why are we as Christians called to do something about the sin of white supremacy?
If after listening to this, you need to do something, here are some options:
1. Join Safety Pin Box
2. Give to Black Women Being
3.Support the Black women and femmes on this site who are hurting the most because of white supremacy and the intersections of oppressions. Can you sponsor one of them?
4. Read a book by a Person of Color.
5. Learn something about racism: Read, Listen, Attend.
6. Ask me for more!
7. Try to move your guilt, reactions, surprise, and whatever other white feels you have into materially improving the lives of those most affected, learning more, and staying in the fight against white supremacy for the long haul. This has been going on for generations, and while it feels new to many of us, we couldn't see or know it before. You can help and learn. Do it!
I'm headed out to a vigil, feel free to add more in the comments.
8. SupportBlack Lives Matter Charolettesville
9. Support the Black man brutally beaten by the white supremacists on hisfunding link. The white lady who died, Heather, already has over 6 figures for her family. You show up against hate by having equal sympathy and equally resourcing the Black man who got beaten.
If you do something, please write that here in the comments.
Also, feel free to comment on these questions:
Also, feel free to answer this question: Had you ever thought about the effect of turning Jesus into a ghost before, making him translucent, whitewashing him? What does it mean that the people in Charlottesville called themselves Christians? Could our pictures of our white Jesus' in our church be a small part of the problem? What if we had spoken up when those people were kids who sitting next to us in our pews? How does Jesus provide hope for us as disciples? How are we forgiven and make it better?
Remember, that a White American Terrorist group mostly made up of Christians killed and injured people in Charlottesville. So unless you are going to hate all white people, all Christians, or all Americans from now on and harass them on the subways and call out slurs in the streets, you can't do it to Muslim terrorists, either. Terrorists are terrorists and extremists are extremists, and they don't speak for all of their group.
8/19/2017 06:55:35 am
I have never tried looking up the race or gender of an author but I am always open to finding new books.
Leave a Reply.
Pastor Jess loves preaching and wants church to be about Jesus. The end. (Or read the rest of the site for more.)
^^Click here to copy this address into your RSS feed reader.
Support This Blog and Website Fees
This work is licensed by Rev. Jessica A. Harren under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Find Me All These Places: